Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water, earth, fire, air. Pick an element and fight for your nation.

HomeRegisterPortalLatest imagesSearchLog in
Latest topics
» Earth Kingdom: Ba Sing Se - Middle Ring ~ Lotus (Private)
Tekara and Kiari Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:49 am by LadyKura

» The Monks of the West ((OPEN))
Tekara and Kiari Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:17 am by Trira

» Yuzuki Tasakai
Tekara and Kiari Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 3:07 pm by LadyKura

» FINAL FANTASY RPG????
Tekara and Kiari Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 9:58 pm by Monk Kozzan

» Miku Amida-maru (Finarshed.)
Tekara and Kiari Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:11 pm by Eclipse

» How Cute Am I?
Tekara and Kiari Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:43 pm by Z

» Fireland
Tekara and Kiari Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:42 am by LadyKura

» Middle Ring - A Leisurely Walk
Tekara and Kiari Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:12 pm by Isabella

» Air Bending Training
Tekara and Kiari Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:13 pm by Eclipse

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Eclipse
Tekara and Kiari I_vote_lcapTekara and Kiari I_voting_barTekara and Kiari I_vote_rcap 
Earthy
Tekara and Kiari I_vote_lcapTekara and Kiari I_voting_barTekara and Kiari I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura
Isabella
Trira
Kouzai
Monk Kozzan
Z
Sol
Akari
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 14 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Tekara and Kiari

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyKura
Admin
LadyKura

Tekara and Kiari Empty
PostSubject: Tekara and Kiari   Tekara and Kiari Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:55 am

~ / TEKARA \ ~

BASICS

Name: Tekara (teh-KAR-uh) "precious stones or treasure"
Companion: Her little brother, Kiari
Weapons: Bow and arrow, her father's dagger

APPEARANCE

Hair: Tekara's hair is dark brown and just touches her shoulders. She has the upper strands braided into a small ponytail (like Sokka's Warrior's Wolf Tail) and the back strands loose.

Eyes: Intense and almond-shaped. Her eyes are light brown.

Height: 5'8

Clothes: Dark clothes, mostly black, with a black jacket. Before she was accepted into the Council, she wore traditional village attire.

Other Features: Tekara is considered to be a very pretty girl, but she ignores her looks and focuses more on her strength. She keeps her hair above her shoulders and trains mostly every day to taut her muscles.

Tekara and Kiari 4649284

CHARACTERISTICS

Personality: Tekara is an overly suspicious, mistrusting person, mostly due to the cause of her parents' death. She is fiercely protective of the ones she loves, and takes pleasure in being the only one her brother looks up to.

Personal Strengths: Tekara is an extremely skilled archer. She became this way to compensate for her inability to Bend, and for her desire to protect her little brother. Her vengence fuels most of her decisions, and hates the Fire Nation with a passion.

Personal Weaknesses: Tekara has developed a strong, passionate hate for war, which clouds her judgement. The memory of her parents often saddens her, but she keeps her feelings bottled up inside for Kiari's sake. Although she wouldn't admit it, she is terribly afraid of the war and feels helpless. These feelings confuse her and lowers her feelings of self-value. She also doesn't adapt well, often slipping back into her tribe customs.

However, her main weakness IS her younger brother, whose innocence and well-being she vows to protect.

• Sewing, mending, hemming, anything to do with clothes.
  • Her brother
  • Practicing
  • Colors white and black
  • Her mother's ring
  • Styling Kiari's hair

Dislikes:
  • War
  • Heat
  • Being unclean
  • Her fiance
  • The Northern Water Tribe's rules and customs

Fears:
  • Kiari being hurt
  • Kiari dying
  • Never being able to return home
  • Becoming insufficient
  • Being weak

Brief History (lol it's anything but brief): Tekara's mother Jakota died after giving birth to Kiari, prompting the girl dislike hate her younger brother intensely. She was ten-years-old when it happened. When she was thirteen, she found out about her engagement to a Water Tribe warrior, about three years older than her, named Kunik.

Since their meeting, it was apparent that Kunik had very high ambitions. He was too excited to become king of the water tribe, and Tekara had to remind him that he would have to marry her first, and her father would have to give up the throne, which wasn't happening anytime soon.

For some reason, Kunik attacked the crowned prince, Kiari, as well. Kunik seemed fascinated, even intimidated, by the fact that Kiari was able to bend (even just a little) at such a young age. Tekara realized Kunik was starving him deliberately, but her distaste from her brother prevented her from defending him personally.

Kunik's ambition continued to worsen. He was already making plans to overthrow the king in secret. Tekara tried to warn her father, but the man had grown bitter after his wife's death and refused to believe her.

Eventually, the king grew extremely ill and passed away just a few weeks before Tekara's sixteenth birthday, when she was supposed to wed. Knowing Kunik was responsible, Tekara refused to remain idle anymore. She shoved him into the canals and didn't show up for her wedding, but because the tribe needed a leader and the princess was too young, Tekara was put under the advise of the Waterbending master of the tribe. Feeling intensely alone now, Tekara started to cling to her brother Kiari.

Because she was technically the queen now, her word law, Kunik was immediately imprisoned for treason. It was because of this that Tekara felt overwhelmed by her duty and ended up taking Kiari and embarking on a 'temporary leave' from the Northern Water Tribe. She'll join the council under a common guise.

~ / KIARI \ ~

BASICS

Name: Kiari (kee-ARE-ee) "Ocean village"
Pets: None
Weapons: None

APPEARANCE

Hair: Kiari's hair is very long and dark brown, reaching his navel. His forelocks are loose, sliding across his shoulders, while the rear strands are braided into a ponytail that reaches the middle of his chest, courtesy of Tekara.

Eyes: His eyes are large, round, and a pale violet color

Height: 3''5 1/2 inches

Clothes: Mended, orange-brown pants that clings to his ankles, and a very long orange-brown shirt that reaches his knees. Sometimes wears a scarf on his head and a shawl when Tekara particularly doesn't want him to be noticed.

Other Features: His appearence is fairly androgynous. Partly because he's a child with long hair, and partly because he's inherited his mother's gentle features. Unlike most Water Tribe members, Kiari has light skin.

Tekara and Kiari 9fa3908

CHARACTERISTICS

Personality: Naive and even a bit slow, Kiari seems completely oblivious to the war and devestation going on around him. This is because of Tekara's influence, sheltering him from the state of their land. Compared to his sister, Kiari is cheerful and welcoming. His aura radiates peace and love, something Tekara treasures above all things.

Personal Strengths: Kiari's Waterbending skills are impeccable for his age. When Waterbending, he seems to go into a passive, meditative state, which led his parents to believe he might've been possessed by the spirit that saved his life, La. His healing capabilities are also very useful.

He is calm even when he is in great danger. Particularly because his childish mind does not fully comprehend what's happening.

Personal Weaknesses: Despite his strength, Kiari does not use his full power until Tekara is threatened. He also, like many other things, seems unaware of his power at all. He simply focuses on having fun.

It's difficult for people to understand him because he very rarely speaks. He mostly expresses his feelings through actions and his eyes.

On the night of a New Moon, when the moon does not shine, Kiari becomes weak. Sometimes developing a fever. This is because the spirit in his body is influenced by the moon; the spirit of the ocean and tides, La. The spirit is the only reason he is alive.

• The moon
  • Colors
  • Water
  • Tekara
  • Playing
  • Music
  • Seafood; it reminds him of home
  • Sweets and pastries
  • Abstract energies. (i.e: fire, plasma)

Dislikes:
  • Bitter foods (excluding tea)
  • Vegetables
  • Being tickled
  • When someone insults Tekara
  • Being seperated from Tekara.
  • When Tekara is hurt.
  • Darkness.
  • When the moon disappears (i.e, new moon)

Fears:
  • Being seperated from Tekara
  • Falling from heights
  • Lightning
  • Destruction

Brief History: When Kiari's mother Jakota was pregnant with him she suffered horrible cramps and pain. The doctors said that her child would be born stillborn. Jakota, devestated, begged her cousin to allow her to go to the oasis. Her cousin complied, and Jakota and her husband prayed to the moon and ocean spirits to save Kiari. Part of the ocean spirit fused with Jakota's unborn child, and Kiari was born, healthy, a month and a few weeks later, but Jakota died.

Because of his 'responsibility' for the death of her mother, Tekara did not like Kiari. She neglected to spend time with him or defend him from her cruel fiance, and until Kiari was five and orphaned she only really started to cling to him. She only realized then how much he meant to her. She does not really know of the spirit possessing Kiari.

Even as a young toddler, Kiari's Waterbending abilities were apparent. He was sent to learn with a teacher as an apprentice, and he is on an adult level of Waterbending, but he hasn't mastered it. His mother taught him healing in secret, because Kiari wanted to learn that as well. He is considered a prodigy among the tribe.

When Tekara fled the tribe, she took Kiari with her, further installing her dependence on him. In many ways, Kiari is more of a solid figure than Tekara, whose past has left her feeling troubled. He is stable and calm even at certain times, and devotedly follows after his sister despite his childish nature.

~

Last edited by Lady_Kura on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:05 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eclipse
Admin
Eclipse

Tekara and Kiari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tekara and Kiari   Tekara and Kiari Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:11 am

approved and approved
Back to top Go down
https://avatarrpg.forumotion.com

Tekara and Kiari
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar the Last Airbender :: Characters :: Character Creation :: Approved characters-
Jump to: